[BioC] gcrma and combineAffyBatch

Michael Palumbo palumbo at wadsworth.org
Wed May 23 16:25:18 CEST 2007

jim,

thanks much for the response. well, a definitive answer, even if it's
not the one you're looking for, is better than a vague answer or no
answer at all. given what appears to be a good deal of work involved in
going the gcrma() route, with no guarantee of success, it seems pretty
clear that using rma() is the way to go.

in fact, i just ran rma() on an affy batch object returned by
combineAffyBatch() that contains data from 40 chips - 25 from mouse 430a
and 15 from mouse 430_2, and it ran without error. i'm happy.

thanks again,
mike

Michael Palumbo					palumbo at wadsworth.org
Bioinformatics Core			 TGI/RTP & VM: (518) 880-1360
Wadsworth Center			          CMS: (518) 402-4587
Center for Medical Science
New York State Dept of Health
150 New Scotland Ave
Albany, NY 12208