[BioC] Bioconductor installation

ruma rumas at cdac.in
Thu May 17 11:15:45 CEST 2007

Hi

I have installed R-2.5.0 on Linux(Redhat Enterprise 64bit o.s.) and have
been trying to install the
BioConductor packages without success.

when I try to access the packages i get the following error:

> source("http://bioconductor.org/biocLite.R")
Error in file(file, "r", encoding = encoding) :
	unable to open connection
In addition: Warning message:
unable to connect to 'bioconductor.org' on port 80.
 I tried looking at the posts and tried using the To get R to connect to the
proxy server, by giving the
following(which has been suggested in the posts):

Sys.putenv("http_proxy"="http://name_of_proxy_server")
 but that too gave the same error.

Is there an easy way to overcome this problem?
I have looked at the posts and it seems to be a firewall issue. Can you
please help me solve this issue?

Thanking you,
Ruma.