[BioC] Question on AnnBuilder (on Windows and Linux)

Martin Morgan mtmorgan at fhcrc.org
Tue May 15 00:50:38 CEST 2007

Hi Alex -- from the help page for ABPkgBuilder:

 srcUrls: 'srcUrls' a vector of named character strings for the urls
          where source data files will be retrieved. Valid sources are
          LocusLink, UniGene, Golden Path, Gene Ontology, and KEGG. The
          names for the character strings should be LL, UG, GP, GO, and
          KEGG, respectively. LL and UG are required

Your srcUrls do not contain UG.

I'm not sure whether your gzip file problem has been solved? If it is
present, and the error is that R cannot find it; almost certainly it
is not on the PATH seen by R. Does going to the Start -> Run menu of
Windows, typing cmd and then in the resulting window gzip --version
find gzip? If not, then use the 'System' control panel, 'Advanced'
tab, 'Environment Variables' button to set PATH to include the
directory path to Rtools. If gzip is on your search path, then is the
path resulting from the R command Sys.getenv("PATH") correct? If not,
then a file (perhaps .Rhistory or .RData ??) or a script of your own
is messsing with the PATH.

Martin