[BioC] how to do the following using justRMA in affy package?

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Fri May 11 16:03:07 CEST 2007

James Anderson <janderson_net at yahoo.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I have 100 cel files (U133A) in a folder, I want to randomly select 70
> cel files from them and use justRMA to get the normalized intensity. I
> need to do this 50 times (every time, the 70 cel files are not
> necessarily the same). More imporantly, I want to save the expression
> value obtained by justRMA to file name Data_1.txt Data_2.txt
> Data_3.txt, ..., Data_50.txt in an automatic fashion. I tried myself
> first and could not figure out how to do it, could anybody offer me
> any help or suggestions?

Try reading the help pages for these functions:

list.files
sample
save
paste

for (i in 1:50) {
  Create a character vector of your 100 CEL files.
  Sample 70 elements.
  Run justRMA
  save to file paste("data_", i, ".txt", sep="")
}

+ seth

--
Seth Falcon | Computational Biology | Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
http://bioconductor.org