[BioC] Is a change in kit significant?

Daniel Brewer daniel.brewer at icr.ac.uk
Wed May 9 17:39:13 CEST 2007

Hi

I have a set of Affymetrix Exon data which has about 40 samples.  The
last third of the samples have used a different kit for the experiment,
and I have been asked to determine whether the change in kit is significant.

I have done clustering and PCA and the results suggest it does make a
different, but I would like to put some sort of statistic on it.  What
is the best way to do this?  I would think maybe this is a limma type
problem but I am not sure how to get an overall statistic rather than
just for individual probes.

Many thanks

Dan

Daniel Brewer, Ph.D.
Institute of Cancer Research
Molecular Carcinogenesis
Email: daniel.brewer at icr.ac.uk

This e-mail message is confidential and for use by the addre...{{dropped}}