[BioC] Problem loading RdbiPgSQL

Thomas Adams Thomas.Adams at noaa.gov
Fri May 4 02:07:14 CEST 2007

I am running R 2.4.1 (not Bioconductor) on a RedHat Linux system. I have
successfully built and installed (independently) versions 1.8 and 1.10
of Rdbi and RdbiPgSQL. Rdbi loads without problems for both versions.
However, when I attempt to load RdbiPgSQL, I get the following error:

 > library(RdbiPgSQL)
Error in dyn.load(x, as.logical(local), as.logical(now)) :
        unable to load shared library
'/awips/rep/lx/local_apps/R/lib/R/library/RdbiPgSQL/libs/RdbiPgSQL.so':
  /awips/rep/lx/local_apps/R/lib/R/library/RdbiPgSQL/libs/RdbiPgSQL.so:
undefined symbol: PQfsize
Error: package/namespace load failed for 'RdbiPgSQL'

The library
/awips/rep/lx/local_apps/R/lib/R/library/RdbiPgSQL/libs/RdbiPgSQL.so
does exist.

Any suggestions?

Regards,
Tom