[BioC] limma question: direct two-color design & modeling individual subject effects

Gordon Smyth smyth at wehi.EDU.AU
Wed May 2 02:37:09 CEST 2007

Dear Paul,

It may not affect your plot much, but be aware that the model you
fitted includes a probe-specific dye-effect (the intercept term), so
that dye-swapping is not exactly equivalent to multiplying by -1
according to the model. This doesn't change the fact that the fitted
values should follow the data values in your plot.

Best wishes
Gordon