[BioC] from RefSeq to GO terms / gene symbol to geneID

Lina Hultin-Rosenberg lina.hultin-rosenberg at ki.se
Fri Jun 29 07:54:00 CEST 2007

Dear Simon and Sean,

sorry to get back to this issue so late but I have tried out various
options to try to solve it. I parsed the files you mentioned but did not
get many hits since many of my proteins does not have a Entrez gene id
for some reason. In my search I also tried some of the Entrez e-utils
(http://eutils.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query/static/eutils_help.html)
and could get the accession numbers for my proteins. Can I go from
accession number to GO term using biomaRt for example?

Thanks again!

Best,
Lina Rosenberg