[BioC] reading imagene files with LIMMA

Saroj Mohapatra smohapat at vbi.vt.edu
Thu Jun 28 23:21:13 CEST 2007

Hello Yi,

It is possible that there is a discrepancy between the number of spots
calculated from the Field Dimensions in header and the number of rows it
actually reads from the file.

For example, in my Imagene 5.1 file:
in the header, below "Begin Field Dimensions" I find the following:
Metarows = 8
Metacols = 4
Rows = 15
Cols = 12

So, the total number of spots = 5760
In the data section of my file, there are 5760 rows (excluding column
titles).

Of course, the actual number would vary, you would have a different
number of spots. You could start with checking that the numbers match.

Also, there should be something like "Begin Raw Data" before the first
line and "End Raw Data" after the last line of data section.

Good luck!

Saroj