[BioC] Few clarifications on the mixture model

Aashish Dattani aashish.dattani at gmail.com
Sat Jun 16 08:02:52 CEST 2007

Hi,
I have been going through the paper on "ESTIMATING GENOME-WIDE COPY
NUMBER USING ALLELE SPECIFIC MIXTURE MODELS".

I am clear with everything till the point where all the parameters
 in equation (2) involving parameters for all copy numbers have been calculated.
But after that  it has been said that:

"With the parameter estimates in place we are able to provide
posterior probabilities for allele specific copy number. Furthermore,
we can compute these posterior probabilities for copy number:
...." (section 4)

How are they to get the conditional probabilities from the
parameter estimates? Arent they just of the units of the signal
intensity? And where are they using them if at all?
I am doing this as a part of a project where i will implement this algorithm.
Can you please atleast give me a brief algorithmic view by clearing my
doubt about this part.
I'll be very grateful.
Thanking you,

Aashish Dattani.