[BioC] CLF/PGF parser

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Thu Jun 14 21:32:51 CEST 2007

Hi Kasper,

Kasper Daniel Hansen wrote:
> Hi Jim (with a cc to BioC so other interested parties can take note,
> and a cc to devnet at affy in case there has been any updates).
>
> The strange situation right now is that CLF/PGF files cannot be  parsed
> using the Fusion SDK (Affy's official file parsing SDK). There  are
> codes for parsing the files somewhere inside the source code of  the
> EXACT tools (I think - at least somewhere in the source of one of
> Affy's programs). We are however loathe to take that code and add it  to
> affxparser because sooner or later, the SDK ought to start  supporting
> CLF/PGF files and then the time spent doing that would be  more or less
> wasted. Of course that decision is easier to make when  none of us have
> a use for parsing these files at the moment.

In the file format document for the pgf files:

https://www.affymetrix.com/support/developer/fusion/File_Format_PGF_aptv161.pdf

I find this comment:

Parsing and Writing
The official C++ parser used by affy can be found in APT under
sdk/file/TsvFile/PgfFile.h. When possible, parsing and writing of PGF
files should
be done using this code.

I find the same file in the fusion SDK, along with some other files
(like DumpPgf.cpp) that look at least like a start. Is this the sort of
thing you need, or are you wanting more complete parser?

Best,

Jim