[BioC] getting Locus Link ids from gene symbol

Steffen Durinck durincks at mail.nih.gov
Mon Jun 11 15:20:13 CEST 2007

Hi Alex,

You could use the biomaRt package for this, here the code to do it:

 >library(biomaRt)
 >ensembl=useMart("ensembl",dataset="hsapiens_gene_ensembl")
 >map = getBM(c("hgnc_symbol","entrezgene"),
filters=c("hgnc_symbol","with_entrezgene"),
values=list(c("Btk","Casp8"),TRUE), mart=ensembl)

it should give:

 >unique(map)

  hgnc_symbol entrezgene
1       CASP8        841
6         BTK        695

Cheers,
Steffen

Alex Tsoi wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I have a list of gene symbols (eg. Btk, Casp8), and I would like to get
> their corresponding gene locus link IDs.
>
> Could anyone show me the ways I could do it.
>
> Greatly appreciate for any suggestion.
>
> Thanks,
> Alex-
>
> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

Steffen Durinck, Ph.D.

Oncogenomics Section
Pediatric Oncology Branch
National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health

Phone: 301-402-8103
Address:
Advanced Technology Center,
8717 Grovemont Circle