[BioC] Agilent's duplicate spots

Francois Pepin fpepin at cs.mcgill.ca
Thu Jun 7 20:35:51 CEST 2007

Hi Wyatt,

I don't think it is possible to do that. Moreover, only a few probes are
actually replicated on the array. You can look at them as internal
control for consistency.

In our experience, the intensities for all those spots are extremely
close. We actually end up ignoring all but one of them because they are
equivalent. It would also be reasonable for to just average them.

Those are very different from the genes that have several probes
representing them. We tend to see large differences between the
expression of those probes and I would not average them or take an
arbitrary probe to represent the whole gene.

If I didn't understand your question properly, you might want to give us
some more information about the chip and the probes you're talking
about.

Francois