[BioC] Gene Ontology relationships

davidl at unr.nevada.edu davidl at unr.nevada.edu
Fri Jun 1 21:42:35 CEST 2007

Hello again,

     I just realized that termGraphs works fine making separate graphs (each is
just a graph of one node and no edges) with a list of unrelated GO ids in the
id= argument.  As soon as I feed it related terms, such as GO:0043412
(biopolymer modification) and GO:0043283 (biopolymer metabolic process), it
gives me that error message:

Error in "names<-"(`*tmp*`, value = NA_character_) :
        'value' argument cannot contain NAs

Im not sure if that clarifies the problem at all.  Is the function supposed to
connect the related terms with edges or am I trying to use it in a way it was
not intended?  Sorry about the double email,

Dave