[BioC] Gene Ontology relationships

davidl at unr.nevada.edu davidl at unr.nevada.edu
Fri Jun 1 21:27:19 CEST 2007

Hello Seth,

     Thank you very much for the response.  I read the help pages for those
functions and they sound like they are exactly what I was looking for.  I ran
into a problem actually using termGraphs, however.  This may be something
simple and stupid but I am having trouble identifying what the problem is.
This is the relevant part of my workflow and the resulting error message:

> paramsFvBup<-new("GOHyperGParams", geneIds=llsupFvB,
universeGeneIds=llsUniversFvB, annotation="mouse4302", ontology="BP",
pvalueCutoff=0.05, conditional=TRUE, testDirection="over")
> FvBupOverBP<-hyperGTest(paramsFvBup)
> htmlReport(FvBupOverBP, file="test.html")
#That all worked fine and the table looks good
> termGraphs(FvBupOverBP,pvalue=0.05, use.terms=TRUE)
Error in "names<-"(`*tmp*`, value = c(NA_character_, NA_character_,
NA_character_,  :
        'value' argument must specify unique names

R version 2.5.0 (2007-04-23)
GOstats version 2.2.3

I tried using different combinations of all the possible arguments but I kept
getting the same error.  I apologize if this is something simple that I should
have caught.  Again, thank you very much for all your help,

Dave