[BioC] hyperGTest results I do not understand

ariel at df.uba.ar ariel at df.uba.ar
Tue Feb 27 19:54:24 CET 2007

Hi Seth, and thanks for your prompt response

I do not think that this is a conditional analysis issue because
the node I am focus on has no children.

I did forget to take into account a specific ontology to make
the contingency table. However I am still puzzled because even if I do
filter on Ontology, the expected count value inferred from the new table
does not agree with the one reported by GOstats either.

New contingency table for BP:

          selected  ~selected
gonode   13           2
~gonode 1230       1334

which gives ExpCount=7.229 (and not 13.8)

So, if you do not mind, I accept your offer and I will send you, in
private email, my selected and universe lists for you to check them.
Thank you so much in advance
Ariel./

I am running R 2.4 on Fedora 5 and here is the output of sessionInfo():

other attached packages:
        limma         affy       affyio    Rgraphviz  geneplotter       xtable
      "2.9.1"     "1.12.0"      "1.2.0"     "1.12.1"     "1.12.0"      "1.3-2"
RColorBrewer      GOstats     Category         KEGG         RBGL           GO
      "0.2-3"      "2.0.0"      "2.0.0"     "1.14.0"     "1.10.0"     "1.14.0"
        graph   genefilter     survival     annotate      Biobase    mouse4302
     "1.12.0"     "1.12.0"       "2.29"     "1.12.0"     "1.12.0"     "1.14.0"
  hgu133plus2
     "1.14.0"

Seth Falcon <sfalcon at fhcrc.org> ha escrito: