[BioC] Extract M values from probes set to cluster

J.Oosting at lumc.nl J.Oosting at lumc.nl
Tue Feb 13 13:50:19 CET 2007

First of all, you will have to get rid of the missing values in your
selection vector

 selected[is.na(selected)]<-FALSE

Secondly, I think that you have duplicate spots on your array, with a
total of 6912 spots. It depends on the layout on the chip how you can
get to the M-values of both spots using the selected vector.
unwrapdups() can help you here
Something like this (untested)
M.uw<-unwrapdups(MA.2$M,ndups=2,spacing=1) # ndups and spacing same as
in lmFit() and duplicateCorrelation()
M.ag<-apply(M.uw,1,function(x) (x[c(T,F)]+x[c(F,T)])/2)  # doesn't
handle NA
MA.selected<-M.ag[selected,]

Jan