[BioC] plier error message

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Mon Feb 12 21:19:19 CET 2007

Karen Vranizan wrote:
> Hello. What does the following error message mean?  It is a result of
> running justPlier on an affybatch set of 9 chips.  I am using R 2.4.0
> and plier 1.5.1.  Thank you.

It means that you installed a devel version of plier on a release
version of R. Unfortunately with evolving software like R and BioC,
mixing and matching things like that can have unintended consequences.

The usual prescription is best - use biocLite() to install packages so
you don't get mismatches.

Best,

Jim

>> plierset<-justPlier(data,normalize=T)
>
> Quantile normalizing...Done. Error in function (classes, fdef,
> mtable)  : unable to find an inherited method for function
> "experimentData", for signature "AffyBatch" In addition: Warning
> message: updating phenoData argument to 'AnnotatedDataFrame'
>

> Karen Vranizan Functional Genomics Lab 261A Life Sciences Addition
> Mail Code #3200 UC Berkeley, CA 94720-3200
>
> Phone: 510-642-7520 Fax:      510-643-2685 email:
> vranizan at berkeley.edu
>
> [[alternative HTML version deleted]]

> archives:

James W. MacDonald