[BioC] ReadAffy question

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Mon Feb 12 17:27:17 CET 2007

Hi Loren,

Loren Engrav wrote:
> I have R and Bioconductor and X11 and tkWidgets and widgetTools working on
> Mac OS 10.4.8

We need more information than that. What is the ouput from sessionInfo()?

> I enter
>
>>library(affy)
>

> And then
>
>>mydata <- ReadAffy(widget=TRUE)
>

> And then get
>
> Error in new.env(hash = TRUE, parent = NULL) :
>     use of NULL environment is defunct
> Error in function (classes, fdef, mtable)  :
>     unable to find an inherited method for function "pData", for signature
> "NULL"
>
> Whereas if I enter
>
>>mydata <- ReadAffy()
>

> All goes well
>
> How do I fix this?

I wonder if you have a newer version of R with an old version of affy or
Biobase. I am not on a Mac, so I can't test. However, it works for me on
windows:

 > dat <- ReadAffy(widget=T)
 > sessionInfo()
R version 2.4.1 (2006-12-18)
i386-pc-mingw32

locale:
LC_COLLATE=English_United States.1252;LC_CTYPE=English_United
States.1252;LC_MONETARY=English_United
States.1252;LC_NUMERIC=C;LC_TIME=English_United States.1252

attached base packages:
[1] "tcltk"     "tools"     "stats"     "graphics"  "grDevices" "utils"
     "datasets"
[8] "methods"   "base"

other attached packages:
   tkWidgets      DynDoc widgetTools        affy      affyio     Biobase
    "1.12.1"    "1.12.0"    "1.10.0"    "1.12.2"     "1.2.0"    "1.12.2"

Best,

Jim

> Thank you
>

> ---from