[BioC] plate image processing and analysis with R

Wolfgang Huber huber at ebi.ac.uk
Tue Dec 18 16:40:49 CET 2007

Dear Christian,

such a functionality could certainly be developed on top of EBImage, but
I am not aware of any instances.

If you have a rectangular grid, then maybe also some of the image
analysis software that was developed for quantitating spotted microarray
images could be adapted to your case?

Please also note that .jpg may not always be ideal for quantitative
analyses, you most likely want to avoid compression and want to use grey
scale intensities that are proportional to what the CCD camera measured.

Best wishes
 Wolfgang

Wolfgang Huber  EBI/EMBL  Cambridge UK  http://www.ebi.ac.uk/huber