[BioC] error using pdInfoBuilder on Affymetrix snp 5.0 array

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Thu Dec 13 16:28:04 CET 2007

Hi Sergii,

Sergii Ivakhno wrote:
> Hello All,
> I experience a problen when trying to build PDInfo Package for an
> Affymetrix snp 5.0  array using pdInfoBuilder.
> Below are my commands, thanks a lot for your assistance in advance!
> Best Wishes,
> Sergii
>
> library("pdInfoBuilder")
> cdfFile <- "GenomeWideSNP_5.r2.cdf"
> csvAnno <- "GenomeWideSNP_5.na24.annot.csv"
> csvSeq <- "GenomeWideSNP_5.probe_tab"
> pkg <- new("AffySNPPDInfoPkgSeed", version = "0.1.5",author = "Seth
> Falcon", email = "sergii.ivakhno at cancer.org.uk",+
> biocViews = "AnnotationData", genomebuild = "NCBI Build 35, May
> 2004",cdfFile = cdfFile, csvAnnoFile = csvAnno,csvSeqFile = csvSeq)
>
>> makePdInfoPackage(pkg, destDir = ".")
> Creating package in ./pd.genomewidesnp.5
> Error in sqliteExecStatement(conn, statement, bind.data, ...) :
>         RS-DBI driver: (incomplete data binding: expected 7 parameters,
> got 0)

This is because Affy changed the format of some of the data in the
annotation .csv file. Benilton knows about this, and may have already
put in the fix in the devel version.

However, there are bigger problems than this. If you look at the example
in ?AffySNPPDInfoPkgSeed-class, you will see that you need three other
input files:

      spline <- "pd.mapping250k.nsp.spline.params.rda"
      refd <- "pd.mapping250k.nspRef.rda"
      crlmmInf <- "pd.mapping250k.nspCrlmmInfo.rda"

As far as I know these files have not been made for the SNP5.0 chips
yet, and I don't think the package build will continue without them. I
could be wrong on both counts, so those in the know should speak up if so.

Best,

Jim