[BioC] justMAS function not found

Robert Gentleman rgentlem at fhcrc.org
Wed Dec 12 21:52:41 CET 2007

James Anderson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to use the function justMAS to normlize a bunch of Affy arrays, I loaded the library simpleaffy into R, when I type justMAS, it can not find it.
>
> I am not sure whether this is related to the following warning message I got:

> Error in loadNamespace(i, c(lib.loc, .libPaths())) :
>   there is no package called 'DBI'

So it looks like you have managed to not download packages according to
the instructions here:
   http://www.bioconductor.org/download

  of if you did, that you did something untoward afterwards.

  Perhaps the best starting place is to follow that advice,

  eg:
source("http://bioconductor.org/biocLite.R")

biocLite("simpleaffy")

  (indeed you may be better off just reinstalling all, via biocLite() )

  and then, after that, if you still have problems, perhaps you could
follow the advice on the posting guide and provide the output of
sessionInfo()?

  Robert

> Error: package 'genefilter' could not be loaded
>
> BTW, I am using R 2.6.1, and the function mas5 functions well.
>
> Thanks,
>
> James

Robert Gentleman, PhD
Program in Computational Biology