[BioC] install local .gz package in windows

Kasper Daniel Hansen khansen at stat.berkeley.edu
Fri Dec 7 07:05:10 CET 2007

The tar.gz extension implies that you have a source package. The zip
extension implies that you have a binary windows package. They are
somewhat different. In order to install a source package for R on
windows you will need to setup your windows machine so it can build R
from source, see the R-admin guide and various FAQs. This is not
super hard if you know what you are doing, but it is not a walk in
the park in case you are completely unfamiliar with this.

Kasper