[BioC] new CDF env from combineAffyBatch is not recognized

lgautier at altern.org lgautier at altern.org
Mon Sep 25 18:14:18 CEST 2006

> Now, for everybody, it seems (at least on my side) that cdfName() can only
> get the name of environment associated with the affybatch, and cannot set
> it.

That will be the case whenever the accessor function doing the assignment
has not been defined.
cdfName() does return something because the function that 'gets' the value
has been defined (and for this particular class), while the function that
'sets' a value has not.

I suspect that this was done to prevent beginners from accidentally
changing this (but as you note it, it can cause trouble to people that
do want to change it as well).

> I've set it with :
> rawdata.p6p15 at cdfName <- "hgu133aa2cdf"

This way, you are accessing directly the attribute (or slot) called cdfName
(using the "@" operator, that could also be done by calling the function "@":
"@"(rawdata.p6p15, "cdfName", "hgu133aa2cdf")
"@"(rawdata.p6p15, "cdfName")
), and since the function "@" can 'get' and 'set'
you are free to assign a value to the slot.

L.