[BioC] creating platformdesign affy_250k nsp

Roel Verhaak r.verhaak at erasmusmc.nl
Mon Sep 25 10:17:03 CEST 2006

Dear List,

In order to use the oligo library for analysis of Affymetrix snparrays,
I have tried to create a PlatformDesign using the makePlatformDesign
package. I have been doing this on a 64-bit Linux machine, with 4Gb RAM,
using R2.4a and BioC 1.9. After three days of running, I have stopped
the process; memory use had increased to 5Gb so it was swapping and
disturbing other processes. It has been displaying 'Creating
environment...' since it started.

My question is: does this process really takes this long or did it
crash, and do I have more chance on success when I run this with more
memory?

Thanks,
Roel