[BioC] two questions associated with heatmap

Sean Davis sdavis2 at mail.nih.gov
Sat Sep 23 17:13:26 CEST 2006

Weiwei Shi wrote:
> hi, there:
> i have 2 questions associated with heatmap
>
> in heatmap.2{gplot}, there is a bar called "raw z-score" showing the
> coloring legend for each pixel. Where can I find that z-score's
> formulae?

A Z-score is the mean of the group divided by the standard deviation.
> question 2,
> for example, I have 5 groups and I want to label each group with a
> color name from "#FF0000" to "#0000FF" evenly. so basically i need a
> vector like this:
> c("#FF0000", ?, ?, ?, "#0000FF")

You could look at RColorBrewer or geneplotter for some ideas on how to
do this.

If you don't have a copy of the Bioconductor book, it may be a good idea
to pick one up.  It is quite helpful for getting started using
bioconductor and gene expression data.

Hope this helps.
Sean