[BioC] different results because of an upgrade

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Thu Sep 21 15:57:20 CEST 2006

Hi Ingrid,

"Ingrid H.G. Østensen" <ingrid at microarray.no> writes:
> I did an analysis for some scientist in April using limma and knn.impute.
> I did the same analysis on the same data set and the same commands
> yesterday but I got a different result. More genes were classified as
> differential expressed and some of the genes that were differential
> expressed earlier are not any more.

Without more details it is difficult to provide a meaningful answer.
Some details that would be useful include R and BioC package versions
before and after as well as further details of what you did that is
giving different results.

It could be a bug.  It could be a bug that was fixed.  It could be a
change in default behavior.  It could be related to changes in
annotation data.

+ seth

More information about the Bioconductor mailing list