[BioC] get.annotation problem with vitis vinifera

Saroj Mohapatra smohapat at vbi.vt.edu
Wed Sep 20 17:07:39 CEST 2006

Hi Tarun:

I think you need an annotation package in addition to the cdf package.
Perhaps the annotation package for Vitis vinifera does not yet exist
(but I am not sure).

In addition, perhaps the command

annot <- get.annotation(x, "vitisviniferacdf")

should be replaced by

annot <- get.annotation(x, "vitisvinifera") ?

I tried the following:

----
library(hgu95aprobe)
library(hgu95acdf)
library(simpleaffy)

hgu95aprobe[1,4]
[1] "1000_at"

get.annotation(hgu95aprobe[1,4], "hgu95a")
    gene name
[1,] "MAPK3"

accession
[1,]
"=HYPERLINK(\"http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=search&db=nucleotide&term=X60188\",\"X60188\")"

unigene
[1,]
"=HYPERLINK(\"http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=search&db=unigene&term=Hs.861&dopt=unigene\",\"Hs.861\")"

    description
[1,] "mitogen-activated protein kinase 3"

library(vitisviniferaprobe)
library(vitisviniferacdf)

vitisviniferaprobe[1,4]
[1] "1606449_at"

get.annotation(vitisviniferaprobe[1,4], "vitisvinifera")
Error in library(cdfname, character.only = T) :
       there is no package called 'vitisvinifera'

----

Best,

Saroj