[BioC] loess and limma

john seers (IFR) john.seers at bbsrc.ac.uk
Thu Sep 14 15:48:21 CEST 2006

Sean

Yes, that does help. Thank you.

This worries me as people routinely slap in a loess normalisation. But
from what you are saying this is not likely to be valid unless you have
an independent reference. i.e. pooled or from another source.

This means if you are using your reference channel as in a "Direct
Two-Color Design" (limma user guide Chapter 7) there is likely to be a
correlation so you should not use loess?

Does that make sense to you?

John

---

John Seers