[BioC] about plot rglist

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Tue Sep 12 15:33:28 CEST 2006

Hi Yanju,

Please don't send questions directly to me. Using the BioC list is
preferred for at least two reasons. First, there are many people on the
BioC list who might have a better answer for your question. Second, the
list is archived and available for people to search, and your question
and any resulting answer may help someone in the future.

yanju wrote:
> Dear James,
>
> In analyse of DNA microarray using LIMMA, for example:
> targets<-readTargets("target.txt")
> rg<-read.maimages(targets$FileName,source="genepix",wt.fun=wtflags(0.1))
>
> when I plot rg by using:
> plotMA(rg)
> Only one array has been plotted, but actually, I have 8 arrays . I tried
> plotMA(rg, array=8), it did not work neither.
> I want to know how to plot MA imagin of multiple arrays.
> Expectin your reply. Thank you in advance.

As far as I know, plotMA() is only designed to plot one array at a time.
If you want to plot all the arrays, you have several choices.

1.) Plot all together in one window

layout(matrix(1:8, nc = 2, byrow = TRUE))
for(i in 1:8) plotMA(rg, array = i)

2.) Make individual plots and save in a pdf

pdf("MAplots.pdf")
for(i in 1:8) plotMA(rg, array = i)
dev.off()

3.) If on Windows (you don't mention OS)

windows(record = TRUE)
for(i in 1:8) plotMA(rg, array = i)

Then use Page up and Page down keys to cycle through windows.

HTH,

Jim

--
James W. MacDonald, M.S.