[BioC] filter high-throughput microarray data with noise

Weiwei Shi helprhelp at gmail.com
Mon Sep 11 18:52:56 CEST 2006

Dear Francois and others:

Thank you and I cc to r-help since I just tried to get more
suggestions. But I think keeping it at Bioconduct is totally fine with
me.

I am trying my idea on some pathway analysis and the data used here is
a real medical data for a disease with unclear mechanism. The probes
here are different-splices for one gene so I need to keep all of them
for my analysis. Currently I do not have knowledge to evaluate the
behaviors of the probes.

By "We often select the most variables as the representative one.", do
you mean "select the most samples or most probes"?

I agreed with you that using an average is not a good idea. That's why
I need some filtering mechanism or something else. I believe it is a
common situation people meet with when they deal with high-throughput
data with large noises. So my second question is looking for some
general reference or experience.

Thanks for other suggestions,

--
Weiwei Shi, Ph.D