[BioC] How to adjust the power.t.test R function to reflect different experimental designs?

Davis, Sean (NIH/NCI) [E] sdavis2 at mail.nih.gov
Sat Oct 21 17:04:45 CEST 2006

Hi, Nadia.

Microarray studies are a bit different from typical statistical problems because the number of tests is typically quite large compared to the number of samples.  So, power.t.test will probably not get you directly to your desired result.

There have been numerous papers that attempt to define exactly what you are trying to define (at least if I understand you correctly).  You might start by searching:

http://scholar.google.com/

for "microarray design".

Sean