[BioC] syncLocalLibList in BioC 1.8 reposTools

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Wed Oct 18 21:24:24 CEST 2006

Hi Mark,

"Kimpel, Mark William" <mkimpel at iupui.edu> writes:

> I have been depending on syncLocalLibList in reposTools of BioC
> 1.8. As reposTools has been dropped from the current BioC release, can
> I mimic the functionality of syncLocalLibList with some other
> function?
>
> Below is the code I have previously used:
>
> require(reposTools)
>
> syncLocalLibList()
>
> most.recent.pckg.ver<-getPkgVers(as.character(annot.pckg))[[1]]

Perhaps you can explain a bit more what it is you are trying to do.
Based on the code, I think the goal is to determine the version for a
given (already installed) package.  Here are a few ways to do this:

    packageDescription("hgu95av2")$Version

This only works for one package at a time.  So you might need:

    sapply(pkgs, function(x) packageDescription(x)$Version)

Another option is to query all installed packages:

    ap <- available.packages()
    ap[1:10, "Version"]

If none of the above give you what you want, please let me know.

Best,

+ seth