[BioC] convert .DAT to .CEL

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Tue Oct 10 20:05:00 CEST 2006

Ana Sofia Figueiredo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to convert .DAT files to .CEL files. Reading the
> bioconductor mailing list, I see that by 2005 there were no known
> functions for this. Does anyone know if this is possible now?

Not using BioC packages. You will need to use either MAS5 or GCOS or
Command Console. If you don't have any of the above, I think you can get
GCOS for free, but you probably have to email somebody at Affy to get a
link (you also need your DAT files to be in a CAB file to import into
GCOS, which is a chicken-egg problem because they have to be in GCOS to
make a CAB file in the first place, and if they are in GCOS, why don't
you already have celfiles?). Command Console is in beta testing and can
be downloaded for free:

http://www.affymetrix.com/products/software/specific/command_console_download.affx

HTH,

Jim