[BioC] Error message: no package 'file5f906952' was found

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Mon Oct 2 19:20:47 CEST 2006

Wonjong Moon wrote:
> Where can I get package 'file5f906952'?
>
> Here are examples when I had error message 'no package 'file5f906952'
> was found'
>

>>utils:::menuInstallLocal()
>
> package 'ALLMLL' successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked
> updating HTML package descriptions
> Warning message:
> no package 'file5f906952' was found in: packageDescription(i, lib.loc =
> lib, field = "Title", encoding = "UTF-8")

I think we will probably need more help here. What version of ALLMLL, R,
  at the very least.

On R-2.4.0RC, I get the following result:

 > biocLite("ALLMLL")
Running getBioC version 0.1.8 with R version 2.4.0
Running biocinstall version 1.9.6 with R version 2.4.0 (under development)
Your version of R requires version 1.9 of Bioconductor (under
development too).
trying URL
'http://bioconductor.org/packages/1.9/data/experiment/bin/windows/contrib/2.4/ALLMLL_1.1.2.zip'
Content type 'application/zip' length 39343027 bytes
opened URL
downloaded 38420Kb

package 'ALLMLL' successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked

The downloaded packages are in
         C:\WINDOWS\Temp\Rtmp7GBEqb\downloaded_packages
updating HTML package descriptions
 > library(ALLMLL)

Welcome to Bioconductor

     Vignettes contain introductory material. To view, type
     'openVignette()' or start with 'help(Biobase)'. For details
     on reading vignettes, see the openVignette help page.

On R-2.3.1, biocLite() doesn't seem to be able to find the package, so I
downloaded ALLMLL_1.0.2.zip and installed locally:

 > utils:::menuInstallLocal()
package 'ALLMLL' successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked
updating HTML package descriptions
 > library(ALLMLL)

So the package looks good to me.

Best,

Jim

>>help.search("somefunc")
>
> Error in help.search("somefunc") : could not find package 'file5f906952'
>
> Thank you.
>
> Wonjong
>
> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

James W. MacDonald, M.S.