[BioC] RLE question for QC

Alvord, Greg (DMS) [Contr] gwa at css.ncifcrf.gov
Thu Nov 30 19:32:41 CET 2006

Enrique -

	We recently performed a series of elaborate quality control
assessment procedures on probe level data for the soybean genome (24 CEL
files under different strains and time conditions).  Our RLE plots were
nicely centered around zero, and the boxes (interquartile ranges) in the
box plots ranged from -0.2 to 0.2 logs.

W. Gregory Alvord, Ph.D.
Director, Statistical Consulting Services
Computer and Statistical Services
National Cancer Institute at Frederick
Post Office Box B
Frederick, MD 21702-1201