[BioC] Question on GCRMA

Francois Pepin fpepin at cs.mcgill.ca
Thu Nov 2 22:44:25 CET 2006

Hi Hegang,

Windows can handle 2Gb of RAM by default. It's possible to get it to
allocate 3Gb, but I've never tried it.

32bit linux handles up to 4Gb and 64bit linux is basically only limited
by physical memory.

I don't use affy chips personally, maybe other people could help you
further. I would find it suspicious that justGCRMA fail for large number
of arrays when enough memory is available (ie error other than "unable
to allocate vector of size ..."). You might want to post the result of
sessionInfo() and the exact code and error message that you're getting.

Francois