[BioC] Merging 2 groups of samples

rgentlem rgentlem at fhcrc.org
Wed May 10 02:27:38 CEST 2006

yep, mixed effects models, see our technical report at:
http://www.bepress.com/bioconductor/
on synthesizing microarray experiments. The best advice I can give is to
not jointly normalize (treat them seperately and use a random effect
term for the experiment). Your problem is a bit easier since you don't
need to worry about matching probes

there is a package which needs to appear somewhere, but I think has not
yet done so

  Robert

Lana Schaffer wrote:
> Bioconductor users,
> We have two groups of samples on HU133plus2 chips done 1 year apart.
> After I normalized with RMA,  the two groups are clustering into separate
> clusters at a low level of correlation.
> Can someone suggest a way to analyze these samples together?
>
> Lana Schaffer
> Biostatistics/Informatics
> The Scripps Research Institute
> DNA Array Core Facility