[BioC] No replicates and differential analysis !!

Naomi Altman naomi at stat.psu.edu
Thu Jan 26 17:42:26 CET 2006

Again, we need to be careful about what is "validated" by PCR.

If the RNA used for PCR were the same samples hybridized to the
arrays, you have validated that the arrays "worked"
technically.  (And this is certainly worth knowing.)

But what we usually want to validate is that the genes are
differentially expressed in the population, which can only be
validated by use of an independent sample.

--Naomi