[BioC] limma: irregular spacing between within-array replicates

Gordon K Smyth smyth at wehi.EDU.AU
Tue Jan 24 23:25:53 CET 2006

If duplicates really are regularly spaced, then you should get the same consensus correlation
whether you re-order or not.  The fact that you get different results shows that something is
wrong.

The first thing is to check is that the duplicates are spaced as you think.  Try

   unwrapdups(RG$genes$Name, ndups, spacing)

This should give you a matrix with all columns the same. Does it?

The second thing to check is that the assumptions listed below by Jan Oosting are satisfied.

Best wishes
Gordon