[BioC] Re-mapped Affy CDF files

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Mon Jan 16 20:03:20 CET 2006

Hi Karl,

Interesting results. I see about the same thing when I analyze a set of
data using both mappings; the probesets with big differences are usually
consistent, whereas the probesets with smaller differences may vary.

The only time this would likely make much difference is when you have an
experiment where there really are very limited differences between the
groups (often the case with brain research, which I think is one of the
reasons the MBNI folks started doing these things).

Anyway, it looks like we are going to be making these cdfenvs and probe
packages available on BioC. Hopefully this will increase
interest/experimentation.

Best,

Jim

--