[BioC] adjustment for dependent hypotheses when pairwise testing

Gordon Smyth smyth at wehi.edu.au
Mon Jan 16 04:33:15 CET 2006

A good question. The book on microarray expression data by McLachlan,
Do and Ambroise contains a review of FDR methods in Chapter 5, but a
more detailed review is much needed.

BTW, Yoav Benjamini has shown me that one can substitute a particular
first order approximation to pi0 into the BH method without harming
the ability of the method to work for small numbers of genes. So far,
I haven't been motivated enough to do that because the improvement is
usually relatively small for microarray data sets.

Cheers
Gordon