[BioC] request for help

Robert Gentleman rgentlem at fhcrc.org
Fri Jan 13 22:51:41 CET 2006

Hi,
A rich supply of easily used experimental data resources is important
for promoting development and critical illustration of new methods. And
in particular for promoting meta-analytic approaches to understanding
transcription.

So, we are asking for help, if you have exprSet or eSet realizations of
either your own data, or other publicly available data, we encourage you
to create an R package [we can provide some help] and contribute these
to a repository of such experimental data that can be accessed by all
Bioconductor users. Any one interested in helping to contribute to such
a repository [we will be downloading data from a number of popular sites
such as GEO and ArrayExpress, as well as from the supplementary data for
papers we are interested in] are encouraged to contact Jeff Gentry,
jggentry at PARTNERS.ORG.

You can view some of the details of our efforts can be found at:
   www.sgdi.org/data

  thanks
   Robert Gentleman
   Vincent Carey