[BioC] presence/absence call using oligo array?

xpeng xpeng at utk.edu
Fri Jan 13 18:49:24 CET 2006

Hi Amy,

Thanks for the reply.

You are right. The uninfected tissue is a blank, in theory. But the real
problem is that some probes cross-hybridize with house RNAs. I do not know the
oligo sequence yet. They know that there are more host RNAs than parasite RNAs
in the sample from the infected tissue, but not sure the percentage.

Yes, they are 2-color arrays. The problem here is what to compare. It was
suggested to find genes with intensities higher than their own backgrounds,
say 4-fold higer, but I doubt it. I appreciate more inputs on the consequences
if it is done this way.

Best,
Xinxia