[BioC] Trouble building Bioconductor

Atro Tossavainen atossava at cc.helsinki.fi
Tue Feb 28 19:09:35 CET 2006

(Mr Pages - sorry - meant to send this to the list, of course, not to you
alone.)

> Yes it's still of general interest.

OK, here it is, then.

>> Thank you!  It did indeed.
>>
>> rowPAUCs.c in genefilter seems to require C99 too.
>
> Please consider reporting this problem with the maintainer of
> the package.

I hope they're reading the list, then.

> Yes good news. It's free since... november 2005.

Indeed, this is fairly recent news.

> And you need at least Solaris 8. Wasn't your system Solaris 7?

Some of the older ones are.  Time to upgrade, I guess.

I was thinking it might be possible to run the Bioconductor that I
compiled with the newer compiler on the older OS release nonetheless.
Am trying it out right now.

--
Atro Tossavainen (Mr.)               / The Institute of Biotechnology at
Systems Analyst, Techno-Amish &     / the University of Helsinki, Finland,