[BioC] AnnBuilder built package not supported in R 2.2.0

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Thu Feb 23 14:59:09 CET 2006

Brian Parker wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have tried generating an example annotation file using AnnBuilder
> following the example in the AnnBuilder vignette.
> The example package "myPkg" appears to build OK, but when I try to use
> it I get the following error-
>  > library(myPkg)
> Error in library(myPkg) : 'myPkg' is not a valid package -- installed <
> 2.0.0?

How exactly are you installing this package? From the error, it looks
like you are just sticking the package into your R_HOME/library
directory, rather than actually installing it.

On Windows, you will need to get set up to install packages, as the
necessary tools aren't part of Windows. See the R-FAQ for windows:

http://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/base/rw-FAQ.html#Can-I-install-packages-into-libraries-in-this-version_003f

Note that the instructions for getting set up could be characterized as
being terse. However, everything you need to do is clearly outlined in
these instructions - you just have to pay close attention to what is
specified.

HTH,

Jim