[BioC] install package from local path with reposTools

Axel Rasche rasche at molgen.mpg.de
Wed Feb 22 16:44:07 CET 2006

Dear list,

Is it possible to install a BioConductor package from a local path?

I.e. I downloaded a BioConductor package to a local directory on my
machine. Now I would like to install it. The package reposTools allows
to install packages from repositories. Does it need a repository to use
reposTools?

Thanks in advance,
Axel

 > sessionInfo()
R version 2.2.0, 2005-10-06, i686-pc-linux-gnu

attached base packages:
[1] "tools"     "methods"   "stats"     "graphics"  "grDevices" "utils"
[7] "datasets"  "base"

other attached packages:
reposTools
    "1.8.0"

Dipl. Math. ETH Axel Rasche
Max-Planck-Institute for Molecular Genetics
Department Lehrach (Vertebrate Genomics)
Ihnestrasse 63-73
D-14195 Berlin-Dahlem
GERMANY

Tel. ++49-30-8413-1289