[BioC] GeneR

Antoine Lucas antoinelucas at libertysurf.fr
Thu Feb 16 11:55:11 CET 2006

Dear R users,

There is a new release of package GeneR.

Briefly, GeneR package provides tools to manipulate large DNA/protein
sequences (like a whole chromosome).

By "manipulate" I mean of course extract, append, concatenate; but also
look for "word", orfs or masked positions, or to returns compositions
of nono-di-tri nucleotides.

It has been designed to work with large vectors so that it can concatenate all exons
of a chromosome at once, or the composition of same exons.

There are I/O functions to work with standard bank files like Fasta,
Genebank and Embl.

And last, but not least we provide a complete arithmetic on "segments" i.e.
functions like "union", "intersection", "not" between two sets of segments.
One application could be to "substract" all CDS from genes and deduce UTR
regions.

In new release we add some functions working on Embl files (to read headers,
or features), and correct some bugs.

I hope you will enjoy it !

Regards,

	Antoine.