[BioC] Help downloading limma into R

Thu Feb 9 07:43:15 CET 2006

I assume you are using windows since you are talking about zip files
instead of .tar.gz. If you are using windows, there should be a pull-
down menu (I think the heading is "packages"). The menu item is
"install local package" (or something similar). Point it to the zip
file (you should not unzip it).

You can also do it using install.packages: do something like
   R> install.packages("PATH_TO_ZIPFILE", repos = NULL)
where PATH_TO_ZIPFILE is the path to the zipfile (remember, R is
using / instead of \ in filenames on windows). If you have trouble
entering the path, try
   list.files("DIRECTORY")
and
   exists.file("FILE")
to check you are entering it correctly.

On Linux you just do a
   # R CMD INSTALL zipfile
from the shell.

All of this may require superuser/administrator privileges. There are
ways around this, but let us keep it simple.

/Kasper