[BioC] heatmap

kfbargad@ehu.es kfbargad at ehu.es
Wed Feb 1 17:33:38 CET 2006

Dear list,

I have obtained a heatmap from my list of significant genes using the
function heatmap(). I enclose an image of it. The sequences are
coloured using maPalette().

I was confused when looking at the gene tree structure, some of the
sequences that are coloured in red on the left hand side of the tree
(hopefully because of their high
intensity) cluster together with some of the sequences that are
coloured in green on the same samples. Should I not see the "red-on-
the-left-group/green-
on-the-right-group" sequences all clustered together on one big branch
of the genetree, and the "green-on-the-left-group/red-on-the-right-
group" sequences on another big branch? In a different way, why would
a sequence cluster tightly together with others that have a completely
swapped colour profile across samples?

Hope I make myself understandable

Best,

David